July 5, 2012

God's Love Story - The Burnham Edition

Disclaimner:: I miscounted how many weeks were until our anniversary. Our 5th wedding anniversary is four weeks from yesterday, lol. Now on to the story.

*******************************************************

You can imagine my disappointment when I went to bed on that Monday night. I hadn't received a phone call and I was sure this was a sign that he wanted nothing to do with me. I arrived at work the next morning and shared with Leah the disappointing news. I told her not to make any more contact with Jon about the situation. We left it up to him and to God. Well, Leah received a text that morning from Jon asking again for my phone number. She gave it to him and that was it.

I went on lunch that afternoon, to Chick-Fila to be exact, and while I was pulling out of the drive-thru my phone rang. I had a text. I didn't recognize the phone number but thought it must be him. I was so excited. I'm pretty sure that I texted Leah before I even texted him back. Do you want to know what my first text from my "Prince Charming" said? "Do you have Verizon?" Romantic right?  I laughed and replied yes. We texted all day, which was very against the rules at work but I promise if Kristin is reading this that my kids were safe and sound and I did interact with them, lol.

After a day of texting, he asked if he could call me that night. I told him yes. That night he did call just as he said he would. We talked for what seemed like forever. We asked each other questions and were getting to know each other. The night ended and of course I felt like I was on cloud nine! The week continued and we talked every day.

We talked about going out on our first date but he had to work all weekend and I had plans with some friends on that Friday. Friday evening rolled around and as I was leaving dinner with some friends from work and was headed west on I40 my phone rang. It was Scott which was weird because he was suppose to be at work. He got off early from work and asked me on our first official date. It was late and now the only thing between us officially meeting and going on our first date was getting my parent's permission. I prayed the whole way home that they would let me meet this stranger that they had never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment