June 22, 2012

Be a Blessing

When I first began Memories & Blessings Photography I knew I wanted it to be more than a business. I wanted it to be a ministry. A ministry that served others and a ministry that I could use to be a blessing to others. I pray that over the past two and half years I have been able to be a blessing to at least one person.

As I was reading posts in a local photography group's forum this morning, I was deeply touched. A local church is giving a couple a dream wedding - just giving it to them! The couple is part of the church and simply can't have the wedding they've dreamed of and this church is showing their love to the them by giving and preparing the wedding - and it's even going to be a surprise! What an awesome way to show God's love to someone. After all, God gives us things that we simply can't give ourselves. Does salvation ring a bell? Entry to Heaven was something we could not do on our own and in God's loving way he sent His Son to make a way for us to have the ultimate wedding in Heaven one day.

I began to think what can I do? What can I do to be a blessing to others? I also wanted to be able to share this experience with you. Here's what I came up with ...

You will have the opportunity to nominate a family, a couple,a person, whoever, to have a FREE photo session. There will be absolutely no cost to you or them. The deserving recipient will receive an hour long session, a Photo CD and a print release. You can nominate anyone you would like. All you have to do to nominate someone is send their name and why you believe they deserve the session to memoriesblessings@yahoo.com. All entries must be sent in by Wednesday, June 27th. Pretty simple right? On Thursday, June 26th I will have someone read all the entries and pray about who should receive the session. The winner will be announced on Saturday, June 30th, once I get home from the Summer Mini-Sessions. I promise you will receive a blessing by trying to be a blessing to someone else.

I also want to do something for everyone who participates. All entries will receive a $20 gift certificate and all those who send in entries will receive a $10 gift certificate. Again, the winner will receive a FREE session from Memories & Blessings Photography. The person who nominates the winner will receive 50% off a session.

I'm sure you immediately thought of someone to nominate. If not, pray about it! God will lay someone on your heart. Don't forget to send all your entries to memoriesblessings@yahoo.com by Wednesday, June 27th. Don't miss out on a chance to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment