January 19, 2012

Daily Photo Journal

Happy Thursday! I hope that you have had a fabulous week and are looking forward to a great weekend with your family. I am so excited because I get to do my first session of 2012 on Saturday! I'm doing a sweet little boy's birthday pictures at the ... wait for it .... American Museum of Science & Energy in Oak Ridge. I am super excited! I think we'll get some great shots. What three year old boy doesn't want to play with electricity, space and all things Science? Doesn't that just scream FUN! So, keep an eye out for Carson's birthday photos this weekend.

For a photographer, January is usually a slow month. Not too many people want to brave the cold for family photos :) Understandably, I don't brave the cold for photos of my family either. So, during my "free time" (is that such a thing for a stay-at-home mommy of two?) I have began a Daily Photo Journal on my personal Facebook page. I have really enjoyed it so far. The photos aren't edited, they aren't taken with my business camera - but the photos are of my favorite people in the world, my family.

Here's how it works, each day I snap a few photos of things we do. I then pick a favorite and make that the photo of the day. I usually wait a couple of days and then upload the photos to my Journal album on Facebook. You write the date as the caption and then I write something about the photo. What the kids were doing, etc. I think it'll be so neat to look back in a few months and see what we were doing on January 19th. No one may enjoy looking at my photos but me but for me it's helping me capture memories of my own children. I hate to say it, but sometimes I'm so busy capturing memories for other people I forget to do it for myself. So , the daily photo journal is helping me to do just that.

Here's a link to my journal. Will you join me in this adventure? Simply start a new album and begin filling it with photos of your every day life! Leave the link on the Memories & Blessings' Facebook page under this blog post, so I can take a peak into your every day life as well! You too can "capture God's blessings in your life!"

Truly Blessed,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment