March 5, 2012

Scripture Sunday ~ Monday Edition

I am sorry that I didn't post the "Scripture Sunday" yesterday. I had the awesome opportunity to spend the afternoon at my Aunt's house with some of my Mom's family. I had so much fun and it was awesome to see two cousins who I haven't seen in years! I am so thankful for that family time! I'm also glad I didn't post yesterday because last night's sermon was awesome! Preacher Walls, of Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church, preached on Heaven. You could really sense the presence of God in our service. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share it with all of you! Please enjoy the first of a two part series- "Things in Heaven".

Revelation 21:1-5
1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
 3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
 5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

1. Heaven is a real place.
Revelations 21:1-2

2. Heaven is a remaining place.
Revelations 21:1, I Corinthians 3:12-15

3. Heaven is a readied place.
Revelations 21:2, I Corinthians 2:9
Think about this - this beautiful world was created in only six days. The Lord has been preparing Heaven for 2000 years!

4. Heaven is about relationships.
Revelations 21:3, Thessalonians 4:13-18
The only thing man made in Heaven is the nail prints in His hands!

5. Heaven is a place of relief.
Revelations 21:4-5
No hospitals, no graves, no sorrow, no wars!

What a day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment