March 18, 2012

Scripture Sunday

Isaiah 40:28-31
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Ever feel like you just can't get ahead? Like you are swimming really hard to get to the top of the water and just can't get there? I'm having one of these types of days today. I feel physically and emotionally tired. I feel like I can't get anything together. This attitude then quickly turned into a pity party this afternoon. Someone once said, the only people who come to a pity party are you and the Devil. That is so true! I began to tell myself how horrible the past few weeks have been. My brother has been in the hospital for 10 days, I feel like I can't keep my house clean, My husband has been working so many long hours we have seen him a lot, I have gotten way behind in my editing and I just want to sleep - a lot! I quickly realized that the Devil was putting all these thoughts into my head. I was allowing the Devil to use this time to distract me and make me tired. The reality of it all is - my brother is in the hospital but will get to come home one day, unlike many other children in that hospital, my house may not be spotless but at least I have a rough over my head and food on my table, my husband may be working a lot but at least he has a great job and he is able to minister to people during the hardest time in their lives and I may be behind in editing but I am so thankful I have sessions to edit! And well the sleep ... it will come when my kids get older - a lot older :) So, yes I may be tired but I am one blessed girl.

After, I was through with my pity party this afternoon God immediately placed these verses on my heart. I love verse 28 - "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding." I may be tired but how so thankful that my God (the same God that is the Creator of the Earth) is never tired. The Bible then goes on to tell us that God will give us strength. HE will help us. So glad for the Word of God and the little things God shows us when we need them the most.

I'm going to share a song with you - no I'm not going to sing, lol. I listen to it all the time. Whenever I feel down or think I'm not going to be able to handle the things life throws my way. It simply states, "I know I'll be okay, because He knows my name!". So thankful this evening! I truly am blessed. (The video was found on YouTube, I did not make the video).


Next time your tired and just feeling down - remember, God loves you! God will give you strength if you lean on him! Have a wonderful and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment