May 13, 2012

The Greatest Woman on the Earth

Every child, on this particular day, says they have the greatest Mom on the Earth. Well, today I am exclaiming that I have the greatest woman on the Earth as my Mom. Growing up I heard so many people say "I hope I don't turn into my Mom when I grow up." I was always so sad for them. There is no one I'd rather be more like than my Mom.

My Mom was diagnosed when I was 9 years old with kidney failure. The kidney failure came from my brother's early birth. Although she spent most of my childhood in doctor's offices or in a dialysis clinic, my Mother never onced missed a ballgame, school play or any other activity I was involved in. In fact, she was usually on the front row and was without a doubt my biggest fan. You see, my Mom is Superwoman :) I know there had to be days that she didn't feel well, but I never remember one. She was always so encouraging and supportive of me. She never let her illness get in the way of being a wonderful Mother to me and my brother.

If I can be half of the mother to my two babies as she is to me and Cody - I will be forever thankful. So today, I want to thank God for placing me with my Mother. I want to thank my Mom for always being there for me. Thank-you for all that you did for me through the years growing up and all you continue to do for me now. You are an amazing woman, a wonderful mother and a fantastic Nana! I love you!


2 comments:

  1. SO sweet, Megan! She is a very special lady! Happy Mother's Day to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete