May 11, 2012

"I Heart" Friday

"I Heart" Friday is a new blog series that I'm so excited about! Each week I will tell you something that "I Heart", a material thing. I thought this would be so much fun and would let you know a little bit more about me. So here we go ... the first installment of "I Heart Friday!"

Photographs
How obvious right? But seriously, photographs is something "I heart". I remember my Junior year of college our English professor asked us to use a photograph and write the behind the scenes story from that photo. What was going on? What was the atmosphere like? She wanted us to share the emotion from that moment. I used a photograph of Scott and I on a picnic. It was our first photo together. In fact, it was the date that I knew he was the man I was going to marry. So many funny things had happened up to the moment of that photograph. You see, that photograph represented a memory that was literally frozen in time. Sometimes memories tend to fade away or they get placed in the back of your mind. But, if you have a photo from that memory - each time you look at it the memory will come to mind. You get to relive that special moment when the camera clicked. Each time I look at that picture of Scott and I, I am reminded at how much I loved just being around him, how he literally swept me off my feet. It makes me fall in love all over again.

Another reason I love photos is they can show you how much someone really loved you. I was very small when my Nana passed away. But there is a picture in my parent's house of me and her together. Everytime I see that photo I can see how much she loved me. The look on her face as she see is looking at me is priceless. Unfortunately, I have no memory of my Nana - photos are all I have. But that is something to treasure. I know she loved me because I can tell by looking at that photo.

Are photographs special to you? Do you "heart" them as much as I do? I want to hear your story! Leave me a comment and tell me why you "heart" pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment