May 25, 2012

I Heart Friday

Mt. Pisgah Printing Ministry

My Daddy isn't a doctor or a lawyer but he has one of the coolest and most important jobs in the world. He gets to print God's word on a daily basis. My Daddy works at the Mt. Pisgah Printing Ministry in Oliver Springs. The "Print Shop" is something that I love and that is so special to me. Growing up around the ministry, I sometimes forget the importance of their job and how awesome and special it is. They are able to print the Bible in several languages and then ship them around the world!

The Print Shop is where I spent my summers growing up. It's where my first "job" was and it was where I have so many fond memories. The Print Shop was where me and my two best friends, Rachel & Chad, would spend our summer days. Stamping Bible covers, collating the pages of the Bible and of course having fun. Now that I'm older I realize how honored I should've felt back then to be able to work in such an awesome place. I take advantage of it.

I'm truly blessed to say that my church prints God's word and even more blessed to say my Daddy does too. If you've never had the opportunity to go up to the Printing Ministry at Mt. Pisgah I encourage you do to do so. Go put a couple of Bibles together, go for a tour and learn about how a ministry here in little Oliver Springs, Tennessee is touching lives and reaching souls all over the world! You'll be blessed.

Each Memorial Day weekend our Print Shop has a telethon to raise money for paper and various projects they will be working on. If you'd like to make a contribution the numbers are listed below!

Here is the Facebook Status from the Ministry leader, HB Carney, about the Telethon.

"Remember all my friends at 6 pm to 10 pm tonight on www.wyshtv.com, Mount Pisgah Baptist Church printing ministry is having the annual telethon for Bible Publishing Month to raise $150,000 for the printing ministry. We are purchasing a CTP (computer to plate equipment) that cost $40,000.00 and enough money to buy approximately 3 or 4 truck loads of paper.  Also the telethon will continue on Saturday morning from 8 am until 12 noon. We will also be using the money to print a Gilbertese text for our missionaries Sam and Marybeth Snyder on the island of Kiribati for those people. Please tell others so that they to may have an opportunity to give so that others my hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. I will try to keep posted on how much money is raised periodically through the night and also tomorrow. Thanks for your help and May God Bless you all."

You can watch the telethon live on www.wyhstv.com or Comcast Channel 12. If you would like to donate you may call 1-866-412-8112 Long distance or 865-483-8112 for local. Our goal is $150,000.00. Please pray for God to supply this need

No comments:

Post a Comment