May 3, 2012

Just Remember, He is Faithful!

As most of you in the area know ... tonight is the funeral service for Aaron Brady Walls. A 17 year old young man who went home to be with the Lord on Monday morning. I have had the opportunity to watch first handed the two communities that loved him most, come together and support each other. It's so wonderful to see two rivalry schools come together. However, the support and the comfort of each other alone is not what everyone needs at this moment. The comfort the communities needs is the Lord's. Yes, God places people in our lives to help comfort us but ultimately our strength needs to come from the Lord.

When I was a senior in high school, we too lost a classmate. I remember all too well sitting in the classes I had with him and just being in shock and missing him. I and the OSHS class of 2004 lived what these kids are living. A tragic end to a young person's life is never easy. However, knowing that our Lord is faithful to comfort us makes dealing with tragedy easier.

To all the students at OSHS and CHS, please remember - our Lord is faithful. He will help you. He will comfort you. He will help ease your pain. He has never left your side. He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. He wants to be there for you - you just have to let Him. Lean on the promise, that if you have accepted Jesus as your personal savior just as Brady had, you will see him again and you will be able to spend all eternity with him and our Savior.

Please go download this beautiful song off of iTunes. I accidently downloaded it the other day, we all know there are no accidents, and God has used it to remind me of His faithfullness and His goodness. I hope it will be a blessing to you as it was to me.

You Are Faithful
By: Raymond Gregory

When my heart is troubled
And I can hardly breathe  
I will rest on Your promises  
You won’t abandon me
In the valley of the shadow of death
If I’m with You I will not be afraid  

You are hope for the hurting heart
You are rest to the weary soul
When I am broken, You are not shaken
Through trial, pain, and fears
You keep count of all my tears
When I am broken, You are not shaken
Lord You are faithful, God You are faithful

On the path of abundance  
I look back and I see
When the road was rough, I stumbled hard,
I was beaten down
It was then that you carried me

Through tragedy, In prosperity
You are faithful, You are faithful
In every season Lord, You are with me
You are faithful God

You are hope for the hurting heart
You are rest to the weary soul
When I am broken, You are not shaken
Through trial, pain, and fears
You keep count of all my tears
When I am broken, You are not shaken
Lord You are faithful, God You are faithful

My favorite part are the lines - "When I am broken, You are not shaken, Through trial, pain, and fears
You keep count of all my tears". How amazing! Our God keeps count of all our tears! So as you shed tears and mourn the death of your sweet friend tonight, please remember God is right there with you. He knows exactly what you are going through. He's already been through the valley of shadow of death. He knows. He cares. He loves you and will never leave you!

I am praying for each person who has been affected by this tragedy. I pray that God will comfort you and give you strength to face the coming days without Brady. My heart hurts for each of you. But, the Lord is faithful, He will provide strength and He will make this tragedy beautiful in His time!


No comments:

Post a Comment