April 24, 2012

Can You Just Stay This Little, Forever?

On April 24, 2011, Easter morning, my husband and I welcomed our sweet, precious baby girl into the world. Brianna Robyn Burnham was born at 8:20am and has been the light of our lives ever since. She makes every day more beautiful with her sweet little smile.

As I sit her at the computer this afternoon on April 24, 2012 a little tear comes to my eyes because I can't a year has already gone by. I don't think you ever realize the meaning of the phrase "time goes by too fast" until you have children. Seems just like yesterday I was telling Scott I was pregnant, via a pic message of my pregnancy test, and now here we are celebrating Brianna's first birthday.

As we were tucking in our kids the other night, Scott asked Brianna - "Can you just stay this little forever?" Of course, she just smiled and reached to give Daddy a big kiss. We want them to stay little so we can cherish each little moment. We want them to still needs us, still love us the way they do right now. We love the hugs, the kisses, and the theory that Mommy and Daddy knows everything and that we'll never let anything bad happen to them. But growing up is what kids do. Soon the hugs and kisses will be minimum, and only if their friends aren't close by, and they will now know everything and heartbreaks and other scars will occur. How do we know this? Because it's what we did to our own parents. We didn't stay little forever - we grew up!

Brianna is learning so many new things each day and I can't wait to see what she is going to accomplish with her life. Because I know God has big things planned for our little lady. So in closing, Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl Brianna Robyn. I love you more and more each day! I love you in the morning and in the afternoon - I love you in the evening and underneath the moon!

April 24, 2011


April 2011 ~ Newborn Photos


July 2011 ~ 3 Months Old


October 2011 ~ 6 Months Old


January 2012 ~ 9 Months Old


April 2012 ~ 1 Year Old




1 comment:

  1. She is a beauty!!!!! You do amazing pics also:)

    ReplyDelete