April 29, 2012

God's Love Story

I am so excited for you to read this story! It seems like a story line straight out of a movie. However, this love story is very real. I first met Raquel a few years ago when my husband and I were just dating. Scott and her husband, Earl, attended and graduated Crown College together in 2007. She has such a sweet spirit and I wish I could spend more time with her but the distance between our families seems to keep us a part. Although we may not see each other often, the Dunn family is always in our prayers and we truly appreciate their friendship. I am so thankful Raquel is allowing me to share this part of her life with you. Enjoy this installment of "God's Love Story".

(Photo taken from Raquel's Facebook page)

The "One"

I recently took part in a wedding, a very beautiful and godly wedding. It was beyond apparent that GOD had written their love story. Obviously, it took me back to my own story and the search for the proverbial "one". We all look for that "one"...the "one"...the "one" our hearts desire, the "one" who's our so called soulmate...the "one" we were meant for. In my search for the "one" I found more than I'd ever bargained for and I don't mean Earl.

It was January 2001 and I'd known for about a year that Earl was the man that I was supposed to marry, or the "one" if you will. At that point of my faith walk, I began focusing on when this was all going to come to pass. When would GOD give me my hearts desire? When would HE show Earl what HE'd already shown me? Why was it taking so long? I just couldn't understand GOD's plan and to be honest, I really didn't like it. At that point I'd been waiting so long (or so I thought). I'd spent the last year not dating and not looking for the "one" because I'd was sure I'd found him.

To say I was tired was an understatement. I just wanted to marry the "one" and move in the blissful life that I knew GOD had for us. After all, that's what every little girl dreams of, "Happily Ever After". However, what happened over the next couple of months was anything but that. My friendship with Earl at the time was deteriorating, which made it seem even more impossible to believe that GOD had given me such clear direction on the "one". I remember thinking, if we're barely speaking, how are we going to end up together? With my faith waning, I began to search for answers and I knew the only way to find them was to hit my knees.

That night as I began to pray, tears flowed from the depths of my soul. With every teardrop, I felt more and more confounded within my soul. Every sob carried a question...Why? Why did I have to wait? Why couldn't he see I was the "one"? Was he really the "one" I was made for?

And then it happened...it was as real as anything I've ever experienced in my life...right then, I knew GOD was hurting as much as I was. I felt HIS presence so strongly that I could see myself lying in HIS comforting hands in a pool of tears. And while I know GOD doesn't speak audibly, HE did that night. HE spoke these words into my heart.

"No Raquel, he isn't the "one". I AM."

For the first time in my life, it was so clear. GOD was the "ONE"...HE IS THE "ONE". We were all made for HIM and no one else. This idea that we all have a soulmate is true, but we're all looking in the wrong place because our soulmate isn't of this world...HE's of a spiritual world.

I found the "ONE". I found HIM on my knees, during a cold winter night, in a tiny mobile home nestled in a holler deep within the mountains of Southwest Virginia and I was only 13 years old, and I know I've found my "Happily Ever After" no matter what.

Have you found the "ONE"?

No comments:

Post a Comment