April 16, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Thank-you to everyone who entered this year's Mother's Day contest. I enjoyed so much reading all your stories and looking at your photos of your beautiful children. There truly is nothing better than being a Mommy!

The contest had three ways to win. The first way was by sending a photo of you and your child for all your Friends and Family to vote for. The second way was to write about becoming a mother or something you have learned about being a mother. The third and final way was to honor your own mother by telling something you appreciate about her. My mother picked the winner of the two story categories and then everyone will vote for their favorite photo.

To vote for your favorite photo, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the blog. You'll see a poll on the right side. Simply click the circle beside the name you want to vote for. Voting will end this Friday at midnight. Remember, the only way to vote is by clicking the name of the photo you want in the poll at the bottom of the blog. So, share this blog post to everyone you know so you can get as many votes as you can!

All winners will receive a FREE Mommy and Me mini-session (on Sunday, May 6th) or 50% off a full session that can only be used before August 1, 2012.

Drumroll please ..........................

Winner #1 ~ Susan Peacock


I knew I always wanted to become a mother. After trying for almost 13 years and having 10 miscarriages I had almost given up. Then I was pregnant again . I held my breath everyday I was pregnant scared to dream afraid to hope this might be the one. The day I had her was the happiest of my life. She has taught me so many things. You never really know how much you can love a child until you have one of your own. She loves me unconditionally. The most important thing she has taught me is to never give up hope. God has a plan for everyone. He does things on his terms and his time. If I had given up hope I would have never had this miracle in my life named Peyton.


Winner # 2 ~ Tammy Crowe

I am sending this in honor of my Mom, Ruth Lafferty. I know most people say they have the most selfless Mom in the world and that their mother is the best ever. But I remember as a kid and young adult looking into my Mom's closet and asking her why she only has a few things to wear ... why her closet wasn't full like mine and my brother's. Where was all of her pretty shoes because I had pretty shoes. Her answer was always the same ..  I just don't find such pretty things for me like I do you. Once I was grown and out on my own I remember looking in her closet one day and realizing it had nothing to do with finding pretty things ... she was spending every penny she had trying to keep my brother and me clothed. She worked every day in a factory and then moved on to a local hospital where she worked just as hard. She never gives up even after having two major heart attacks in 1998 (while on the job) and both knees replaced last summer. She says she is afraid hard times will fall on on of her kids and she will need to be able to help us. Her reason's never made sense to me until too became a Mom. I only pray that I can be as selfless as her while my children are growing up. I love you Mom and all that you do for us never goes unrecognized. Happy Mother's Day!


Here are the photos you get to vote for!! Remember, voting starts now and ends at Friday, April 20th at midnight. The poll will automatically close. Don't forget to share this blog post and have all your friends and family vote and "like" Memories & Blessings Photography on Facebook!

1. Ashley with Alexander & Benjamin


2. Laura with Abby, Shelby & Harley


3. Samantha with Sidney & Sayde


4. Jennifer with Hayley & Hannah


5. Kara with Madison & Makaylin


6. Diane with Clay


7. Kayla with Aaliyah


8. Tiffany with Mallory & Trevor


9. Katy with Emily


Happy Voting and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment