February 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Memories & Blessings!

Two years ago this month God so graciously allowed me the opportunity to begin Memories & Blessings Photography. The time has just seemed to fly by. Throughout the past two years I have had the opportunity to meet so many new people that I would've never had the honor of meeting if it weren't for Memories & Blessings Photography. I am so thankful for each client I have had and am thankful for the ones I will have in the coming years.

Photography has always been a love of mine. When I was in high school I had the opportunity to be the Photo Editor of my yearbook and even had the chance to be on the sidelines for sporting events and take photos. It was a great learning experience for me. Through my college years I dabbled in photography some more but it wasn't until my parents bought me a Nikon D50 that my love of photos grew into something more. I began taking photos for families in my church and was able to make a little extra money.

While I finished up college the photography thing kind of went on the backburner. I had a broken lense and couldn't afford to fix it or buy a new one - so I just concentrated on school and my new love, my now husband. Once I graduated, I began teaching at a local Christian school, which I thank God for constantly. Teaching has always been my passion and I am so grateful I was given the opportunity to live out a dream of mine by being in the classroom.

After teaching for a year, my son Eli was born. I knew that teaching would now have to be given up for the time being and I needed and wanted to be home with my baby. As always, God provided financially and took care of our family, while we were living on my husband's income alone. My parents once again provided me the opportunity to pick up photography again, when Christmas rolled around. It was Eli's first Christmas and I didn't have a camera to capture it with. They purchased the lense for my D50 that I had been missing. One of the best Christmas presents ever! I was so happy to be able to photograph my precious baby boy's first Christmas - with an awesome lense ;)

The new year came around, 2010, and after people began seeing photos of Eli on Facebook I received some inquiries about taking photos. I sat down one evening in February of 2010 and made a business Facebook page. I thought long and hard about a name for my photography and Memories & Blessings came to my mind. That's what I wanted my business to be about - capturing people's memories and their blessings. Plus, my initials are MB so it just seemed to fit :) I remember smiling when I left the computer screen and headed to bed. I poked my hubby and said "I think I just started a business." I didn't know how much God was going to bless me or my business but I knew I wanted to take a leap of faith and try it out. Much to my surprise within the first week of Memories & Blessings Photography being on Facebook I had about five inquiries.

Since that night in February of 2010, I have photographed around 250 sessions and 7 weddings. I am so honored and humbled that people choose me, out of all the photographers in our area, to capture their memories. I love watching people's kids grow up! I love witnessing two people make sacred vowes in front of their family and God, vowes that say they will love each other forever no matter the circumstances. I love seeing a family with the newest member of their family. I love seeing the joy on the parent's faces during a maternity session. I love being a part of my client's lives, even if it's just for that hour. I count it a huge honor and responsibility that you allow me to photograph your sweet families.

In honor of Memories & Blessings Photography's birthday - each comment on the blog or on the link to the blog on our Facebook page will receive a small token of my appreciation. At the end of the night, I will give each comment a number and then use random.org to pick a number to win a Spring mini-session on March 24th at the Knoxville Botanical Gardens and then I'll pick another number to win a half-priced mini-session on the same date.

Thank-you again for allowing me the opportunity to "Capture God's Blessings in Your Life!"

Truly Blessed,
Megan

16 comments:

  1. I love your work! My cousin has used you on several occasions and I can't wait to book an appointment too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the only one I will ever use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful LuAnne gave me tour name cause your pictures are the best.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work. I'm so happy I came across you. I will never go with a studio again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every picture you have taken of me and my family. We <3 Memories and Blessings Photography!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,

    Your passion for photography and appreciation for the Lord are an unstoppable combination! I remember your love of photgraphy in high school, and I'm so happy that you are getting to live out your dream! Also, the way you treat your clients like family will keep them coming to you for years to come! I know how well you have treated us, and if you can handle our huge clan, you can handle anything!! Thanks for all your time, dedication, and flexibility! You are awesome!!

    God bless,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing all of your previews you post!! You do such an awesome job! Congrats on coming do far!!

    Kara Griffeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan- I am so thankful for all of your beautiful pictures :) Not only do we have a great photographer but a great friend to share our greatest blessings with. Thank you so much :) Katy, Eddie, & Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. You truly have a gift! Thanks for making even the photogenicaly challenged capture a great shot!

    Chris,Kristy & Brady Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work its amazing! I love seeing new sessions you've done on facebook. Keep up the good work! =]
    Valerie Dugger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are always so perfect!! i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really do have a wonderful gift, my sister's wedding was one you did and the pics are amazing, not to mention it was so much fun taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Memories and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been blessed with talent!

    ReplyDelete