February 5, 2012

Scripture Sunday

Luke 5:18-20
 18And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him.  19And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus.  20And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
 
As I have laid here in bed today sick with the flu this Bible story was brought to my attention. No, I'm not deathly sick or paralyzed like this man but there are so many things I can learn from him. Growing up I was always told to surround myself with good people, run with the good crowd - because you will become who you hang out with. This man had friends who loved him enough that they took him to Jesus when he couldn't get there himself. They took him to Jesus because they knew nothing or no one else could help him. I am thankful for friends who I believe would do this for me. When they see I'm having a bad day or am in need of prayer I have several people who are the first to offer to "take me to Jesus". Not physically, but in prayer and remind me of God's grace and love.
 
I want to be the this type of friend - who puts all aside and am willing to take my friends to Jesus. I want to have the faith these men had in verse 20. I know that my Jesus will heal my friends, physically, emotionally or spiritually, if I am only willing to take them to Him.
 
So, until next time I leave you with this thought - what kind of friend are you? Are you willing to take others to Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment